Treat your insect bites and stings and get instant relief from pain and itching.
Stop the itch and treat your bites with the press of a button.
Bite Away is a safe, easy, and chemical free way to stop the pain and irritation of insect bites and stings. Bite Away, is a pocket-sized medical device for the external treatment of insect bites and stings. Already being widely used in Europe, now Bite Away is available in Australia.
Bite Away uses heat to denature the proteins in the sting or bite. This instantly stops the pain and prevents the histamine release that causes the itch. It’s patented German technology consists of a tiny integrated micro-processor, which heats the skin to approx. 50 degrees for 3-6 seconds (3 seconds for children and 6 for adults).
Completely safe & chemical free!
Bite Away is completely safe for everyone, including: children, people with pacemakers, or who suffer epilepsy, and pregnant women. Bite Away is called an insect bite healer as the device stops the pain and itch of an insect bite but also helps the bite site heal. This means the swelling of your bites reduces and disappear much faster than if they were left untreated.
Bite Away is compact, splash-proof, and portable. Perfect for the beach, the pool, and anywhere outdoors. It’s battery operated, taking two AA batteries, and with careful use will continue to last.
Bite Away is an ideal for those who love the outdoors so add it to your camping essentials. With a Bite Away handy, the next time you’re having fun in the great outdoors, the least of your worries will be insect bites.
The Bite Away is a patented medical device which was developed for the external treatment of insect bites and stings.
The Bite Away insect healer treats mosquitoes bites, sand flies bites, bees sting, wasp sting, blue bottle jellyfish sting, horseflies bites, flea bites, bed bugs bites and mites/chigger bites and stinging nettle. The Bite Away is designed to be effective on any bite/sting that has a histamine reaction.
The Bite Away is based on a purely natural effect of concentrated heat.
Through a German invented integrated microchip the bite away treats the bites by heating to a temperature of between 49°C to 51°C for 3 to 6 seconds. This thermostat controlled device denatures or decomposes the insect toxins/protein thus preventing the body’s histamine reaction.
When applied immediately after sting the bite away prevents or minimises the itching so that it becomes insignificant and prevents any subsequent swelling. When applied later, even after hours, the itching will be minimised immediately, as well or will disappear. The swelling will go down more quickly.
Medical Device Class 2A approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration of Australia (TGA) approval No. 223108.
Bite Away is safe for use for by pregnant women, people with epilepsy and also people with allergies.
HOW TO USE
Bite Away has 2 button selections:
Right Button – 5 to 6 seconds – suitable for youth and Adults
Left Button – 2 to 3 seconds – suitable for children and adults with delicate skin
- Select the button of your choice
- Place round contact plate over bite
- Push selected button a you will hear an acoustic sound
- The will see the LED light go on this signals the start of treatment
- The LED go off to signal the end of treatment
- End of treatment is also signaled by an acoustic sound.
- Lift Bite Away off skin after each application
Do not use on mucous membrane, open wounds, or eyes.
Bite Away is designed and manufactured in Germany. Bite Away works on 2 x “AA ” batteries. This lasts for more than 300 applications depending on the batteries used.
When you press the button and the bite away takes more than 10 seconds to come up to heat this means that the batteries are low and need to be replaced.
The bite away will signal low batteries by:
- 3 Flashes of LED light
- 3 Acoustic sounds
Change batteries – and then keep healing.
**Please do not use rechargeable batteries.**
It is not recommended to use rechargeable batteries. The bite away needs between 2.6 and 3.6V and rechargeable are 1.2V and therefore the output would be 2.4V and not sufficient to have the bite away work correctly.